CELEBRATING 29 YEARS
It all began in 1986, with the idea of serving full-flavored, quality, home-style “comfort” food to a local community. Consistently voted, “Best of Marin,” our family enterprise has maintained its promise and built a reputation over the years with friendly service and consistent quality food.
As our name implies, “Comforts” means home-style, comfort food – flavors that offer the ultimate satisfaction, just like home. Our “Comforts” include full-flavored soups, salads, entrées, house-baked pastries and desserts. From breakfast and lunch, to dinner and dessert, we’re proud that Comforts has become ‘home’ to so many of our customers.
Enjoy breakfast, lunch and brunch in our full-service café, or grab a quick lunch or take home family dinner from our wide selection of salads, artisan sandwiches and entrées in our large take-out area. Our two dessert cases offer a delicious variety of housemade cookies, bars, cupcakes and assorted desserts, made from seasonal, quality ingredients.
Our retail section offers a wide variety of unique packaged foods, wine, magazines, and other gift ideas. We also bottle our own dressings, including our Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing, a slightly sweet rice vinaigrette, made famous by our signature (and one of Marin’s favorite!), Chinese Chicken Salad.
We also offer full catering services. Visit our catering page for more information.
Comforts can be a one-stop dining experience, from a relaxing breakfast in our café, to a picnic lunch, to a gift basket for friends, to a huge array of selections for a family dinner to take home.
To return our appreciation to the community, we regularly donate to our local schools, educational programs, and many non-profits throughout the Bay Area. This year alone, we’ve donated close to $12,000 in monetary contributions, food and services to over 150 organizations, including:
- Adopt a Family of Marin
- AHO Youth Task Force Team
- Bay Area Discovery Museum
- Bay Model: Coastal Clean Up
- Beyond Hunger
- Canal Alliance
- Center For Domestic Peace
- Cool the Earth
- Dance Art
- Dance Palace
- Drake High- Homeward Bound
- Exper Corps Teacher Recognition
- Fairfax Library
- Falkirk Cultural Center
- Golden Gate Opera
- Guide Dogs for the Blind
- Headlands Institute
- Huffman for Congress 2012
- Integrated Community Services
- Marin Aids Walk
- Marin Brain Injury Network
- Marin Catholic
- Marin Conservation League
- Marin General Hospital
- Marin Humane Society
- Marin Waldorf School
- Marin’s Family & Children’s Law Center
- Meals of Marin
- Mountain Play
- Muir Beach Volunteer Fire Dept
- Yes Foundation
- Newspapers in Education
- Rachel Wells for UCSF Children’s Hospital
- Ritter Center
- Rotary Club of Marin
- San Anselmo Art Commission
- San Anselmo Library
- San Anselmo Open Space Committee
- Special Olympics of Nor Cal
- Stapleton School of the Performing Arts
- Teens Turning Green
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Zero Breast Cancer
We also bottle our famous Chinese-style salad dressing, donating a percentage of the profits to local charities.
For more information about our charitable donations, or donation requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or send a letter to:
Attn: Laura Miwa
335 San Anselmo Ave.
San Anselmo, CA 94960
For donation requests, please include the following information:
- Request should be on company letterhead
- Date of the event
- What the event/campaign hopes to achieve (ie. who it benefits, etc…)
- What type of donation is requested (monetary or food-related)
- When the donation is needed by
We receive many donation requests throughout the year. Please allow two to three weeks for us to review the request and respond. Thank you!